Please use the following guidelines if you are entering a traditional pecan pie.
Custard (Filling) Ingredients
Be sure your custard (filling) is made from a combination of the following ingredients:
- Sugar (Can be white or brown)
- Syrup (Can be light or dark; can also be honey or molasses)
- Butter or Margarine
- Eggs or Egg Substitute
- Vanilla or Rum (Extract or Flavoring)
Flour (Optional; may or may not include flour)
Pastry (Crust) Ingredients
Be sure your pastry (Crust) is made from the following items.
- Shortening, Margarine, Butter, or Oil
- Water or Milk
- Sugar (Optional; may or may not include sugar)
Vinegar (Optional; may or may not include vinegar)
Don’t forget! Put your entries into disposable containers. We cannot return containers.
For further information, Contact: Jenni Kosnick Hart 575-644-5393
All entries & recipes become the property of the Western Pecan Growers Association.