Submitted by: Ella Gamache 1st Place Un-Iced Cake- Youth
• 1 cup unsalted butter, divided
• 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1/4 cup light corn syrup
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
• 1 box butter flavored cake mix
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup water
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Add half of the butter, the brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and pecans to a pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of butter. Add it to a large bowl with the cake mix, eggs, and water. Beat for about 2 minutes to combine. Pour the pecan mixture in the bottom of your baking dish. Bake for45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes then place a large plate and carefully flip it over to turn the cake out onto the plate.
Photography by: A Table Full of Joy