You may use any platform to digitize your recipe. You will not be uploading your file you will be simply copy and pasting the text into the dedicated recipe module. Please format your recipes like the examples below. CAPITALIZE NAME or TITLE. Each ingredient should have it’s own bullet and it’s own line. Also, place each instruction item on it’s own bullet and it’s own line, in numerical order. Please include cook time, prep time, and total time. Also, specify the number of servings or yield per recipe.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Preheat Oven: 350 degrees F
Cook Time: 1 hour or until firm
Cool Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes (start to finish)
Number of Recipe Servings or Yield: 1 Pie
• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• ½ cup butter, chilled
• 4 tablespoons ice water
• 3 eggs, beaten
• ¾ cup light corn syrup
• 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
• ¾ cup light brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 pinch salt
• ½ cup pecans, finely crushed
• 1 cup pecans, quartered
• 1 cup pecan halves
▪ Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
▪ Step 2: To Make Crust: In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball.
▪ Step 3: On a floured surface flatten the dough ball with a rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than a pie dish. Place pie shell into the dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
▪ Step 4: To Make Pie Filling: In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt, and finely crushed pecans. Spread quartered pecans over the bottom of the refrigerated pie crust. Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, then arrange pecan halves on top of the pie.
▪ Step 5: Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for one hour or until firm; let cool for one hour before serving.