The scholarship opportunity and award criteria are being updated by the WPGA Board of Directors to better meet the mission of the organization and allowing a wider range of student engagement. Please be patient with us while we make these needed changes. We will post the new WPGA Scholarship Program to this website as soon as it becomes available in January 2020.
- 1 Recipe Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ C Kahlua
- ¼ C Corn syrup
- 1/3 C Evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 C Pecans, divided
- ½ C Chocolate chips
- Prepare your favorite piecrust recipe, and keep the cut refrigerated in your pie plate until ready to bake. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla and flour in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy; 2-3 minutes. Add egg and continue beating until well combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add Kahlua, corn syrup and evaporated milk and mix until all ingredients are blended. Take 3/4 cups of pecans and chop into small pieces with a blender or food processor. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover the top of the pie in whole pecans by laying them out in a circle, starting at the edge and working your way in.
- Bake pie at 400° for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven to 325° and bake for another 35-45 minutes. Remove pie and allow to cool completely, about 4 hours before cutting.