Triple Chocoalte Cake By: Demi Martinez in the 2017 Pecan Food Fantasy Hotel Encanto Best of Show Ingredients: 1 cup unsalted butter 2 1/2 cups sugar 4 eggs 1 cup cocoa 2 cups water 2 3/4 cups flour 2 tsp. baking powder 2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. salt Sift the flour,...
Month: October 2019
- 1 Recipe Pie Crust
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- ½ C Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- ¼ C Kahlua
- ¼ C Corn syrup
- 1/3 C Evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 C Pecans, divided
- ½ C Chocolate chips
- Prepare your favorite piecrust recipe, and keep the cut refrigerated in your pie plate until ready to bake. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla and flour in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy; 2-3 minutes. Add egg and continue beating until well combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add Kahlua, corn syrup and evaporated milk and mix until all ingredients are blended. Take 3/4 cups of pecans and chop into small pieces with a blender or food processor. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover the top of the pie in whole pecans by laying them out in a circle, starting at the edge and working your way in.
- Bake pie at 400° for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven to 325° and bake for another 35-45 minutes. Remove pie and allow to cool completely, about 4 hours before cutting.